At USVI News, we prioritize your privacy. This policy will guide you on the information we gather when you access usvinews.com, its utilization and sharing, how you can have control over it, and the measures we take to safeguard it.
This policy covers only usvinews.com. It does not concern data collected from other sources or sites, nor the practices of entities that USVI News doesn’t manage. Be informed that our site may have external links. If you’re redirected to another site from ours, this policy won’t apply. We advise going through the privacy policies of every site you visit as we aren’t accountable for the actions of other sites.
You can browse USVI News without submitting your personal details. However, for certain functionalities such as registering, subscribing, or contacting us, we might need your details:
- Contact details like name, email, postal address, and phone numbers
- Username and password
- Comments or posts in community discussions
- Site search queries
- Any communications you forward to us
For transactions or donations, we collect and save details like name, address, phone, email, and credit card data. This information is shared only with entities that aid in completing the transaction.
When you interact with USVI News, some information gets auto-collected:
- IP address of your device
- Browser type and operating system
- Interactions in community forums
- Visited pages, viewed ads, and clicked links on our site
- Aggregate data about email engagements and video views
- Standard server log data
- Data via HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, etc.
Usage of Collected Information
We may send emails about updates, account info, promotional content from us or our partners, or newsletters if you’ve subscribed.
Advertisements on USVI News may be tailored using the collected information. Some ads are curated and delivered by third-party agencies. These might gather information to serve you relevant ads. Remember, USVI News doesn’t control these third-party data practices.
You can opt-out from targeted ads by visiting NAI’s opt-out page. Note that you’ll still see ads, but they may be less relevant.
We analyze our data to improve our site and to cater to our visitors’ needs better.
Collected data may also be utilized to prevent illicit activities, uphold our site’s terms, and protect the rights of our users and us.
USVI News values your trust and shares your information judiciously. Some scenarios include:
- Sharing aggregate information or non-identifying data with third parties for developing relevant content and ads.
- Public activities on our site, like comments, can be seen, read, and used by everyone. Practice caution before disclosing any personal details.
- In events of mergers, acquisitions, or similar occurrences, we may share your details. You’ll be informed through a prominent notice on our site or via the primary email in your account before any such transfer.
- We might share information to conform to legal obligations or to protect our rights.
If you prefer not to receive marketing/promotional content from our partners or us, you can opt out by sending an email via our contact page.
Contacting USVI News
If you have any queries regarding this policy, our practices, or interactions with our website, contact us.