Connect with us


Federal Grand Jury Indicts St. Croix Resident on Multiple Firearm Violations



A gun on the table among the weapons, selective focus. Crime news background. The concept of rules for the owners of firearms. Shooting training. Confiscation of contraband and illegal carrying. SSUCv3H4sIAAAAAAAACpyRwW7DIAyG75P2DhHnRkpK2qZ7lWoHQ9wGlUIFpNNU9d1nIFScd8Of7d/+zfPzo2mYAK8k+2qeMaJYab344CAoawh3m5U7NBO6mjwc33c1wEkF6xToGgoIcjZwQ4Jm0TriV0oyHyAsHn2cviIJAS+kkeFbIq94ynFTEilJHZRibFMxv4jECsri/+rMj+/iBi5o5G9auDLiUCNkI6dcyq4/Ad2ttgbLpGzl6mEl6FjAK6W7U1KZS9Vmw5zOXtqkXUxwcYX35kxbeweh44nPpImFz+A9lU+FV4MkfbK9VXOMDcnAqsom+okY9nw77obDsO94N8aArwX592ZFOmmdIkSxvKqptq7iBuw8DLthPEIr+7Noh70Q7dgBbxF3/Ra5HA9iS4d//QEAAP//AwDlfUgZmAIAAA==

A St. Croix man, Ambrose Daniel, aged 44, faces serious allegations following a federal grand jury indictment for various firearm violations, as announced by the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Daniel was brought before U.S. Magistrate Judge Emile A. Henderson III for arraignment after the indictment, which includes charges of felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition and unlawful possession of a machine gun.

The legal actions against Daniel originated from a May 10, 2019, raid on his residence in the All for the Better neighborhood of St. Croix. Federal authorities confiscated a Glock Model 21, .45 caliber pistol, 48 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition, and a conversion device that could modify the pistol into a fully automatic weapon.

Daniel’s criminal history includes a 1997 felony conviction for third-degree assault in the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands, which bars him from legally owning firearms.

The potential consequences for these charges could be severe, with Daniel facing up to 15 years in prison if convicted. The sentencing will be at the discretion of a federal district court judge, based on the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory considerations.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, in collaboration with the Virgin Islands Police Department, is handling the investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Daniel H. Huston is leading the prosecution.

This case is a component of the Department of Justice’s Project Safe Neighborhoods Initiative, a nationwide campaign aimed at reducing violent crime and enhancing safety in communities across the United States. More details on this initiative can be found on the Department of Justice’s website.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


St. Croix Woman Charged with Felony Assault After Rejecting Romantic Advances



ST. CROIX — A woman is facing felony assault charges following an incident where she allegedly attacked a friend she met on Facebook after her romantic advances were rejected.

According to court documents, a resident of a Christiansted housing complex called 911 on the afternoon of June 8 to report an assault by a woman named “Gypsy” inside one of the apartments. The assault victim later arrived at the Ancilmo Marshall Command police station to provide her account of the incident.

Police observed the woman’s swollen face, black and blue right eye, and an abrasion on the right side of her head. Despite experiencing pain in her nose, face, and neck, and reporting four lumps on her forehead, she declined medical attention and began recounting the events.

The woman explained that “Gypsy,” identified as Mary Rose Cullens, sent her a Facebook friend request in April. They communicated sporadically until June 5, when Cullens invited her to hang out. On June 7, Cullens picked her up, and they attended an event at a local nightclub before returning to Cullens’ hotel. That night, Cullens made several unwanted sexual advances, all of which were declined.

On June 8, after a trip to the beach, the two women parted ways. The victim returned to her apartment, secured the door, and went to sleep with her minor child. She was awakened by Cullens, who was standing on her bed, punching her in the face while her child screamed. The victim attempted to defend herself but was overpowered. Cullens then removed a portable air conditioner from the window and threw it near the child. She also threw eggs against the wall and floor before leaving, prompted by a neighbor’s call to 911.

Police found the apartment smelling of egg yolk and tried to contact Cullens, but she had already checked out of her hotel. Unable to locate her at the Henry E. Rohlsen Airport, police issued a temporary warrant for her arrest. Cullens was later spotted at the Cyril E. King Airport on St. Thomas, attempting to buy a ticket to New Jersey. She was detained by Customs and Border Protection officials and handed over to the police.

Cullens declined to provide a statement to officers and was arrested, charged with first-degree burglary, home invasion, simple assault and battery, and damage to property. She was held in custody until her advice of rights hearing on June 11.

In court, Judge Ernest Morris Jr. found probable cause to uphold all charges against Cullens. Bail was set at $75,000, requiring her to pay $4,000 in cash with the remainder as an unsecured bond for release before trial. Cullens’ next court appearance is scheduled for June 26.

Continue Reading


Man with Extensive Arrest Record Faces New Gun Charges



ST. THOMAS — A man with a lengthy history of arrests is once again in legal trouble, this time for the illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

According to court documents, police noticed a man fleeing from a patrol unit on Strand Street towards Curacao Gade early last Thursday morning, around 1:35 a.m. Officers subsequently searched the R2R Lounge, where they encountered Ruben George, who exhibited a strong odor of alcohol.

The officers questioned George about a vehicle registered in his name that was reportedly involved in an assault earlier that night and a hit-and-run collision. George explained that his white Jeep Liberty had been with his mechanic since June 5 for brake repairs, and he had rented a black Toyota Corolla from the mechanic in the interim. He claimed he was at R2R Lounge awaiting the return of his Jeep.

While waiting for detectives from the Criminal Investigation Bureau to arrive, officers noticed the butt of a black firearm between the driver’s seat and center console of the rental car. When asked if he had a firearm license, George admitted he did not and claimed the gun belonged to his cousin, who had asked him to store it. George also revealed he was on probation until later this month.

Despite his claims, officers confiscated the Springfield S&W .380 Shield and arrested George for illegal firearm possession. The loaded magazine found with the weapon led to an additional charge of ammunition possession. George was taken into custody pending his first court appearance.

On June 7, Magistrate Paula Norkaitis upheld the charges, setting bail at $25,000, of which George must post 10 percent to secure his release before trial. Once released, George must adhere to a curfew from midnight to 7:00 a.m., remain within the St. Thomas/St. John/Water Island jurisdiction, report to the probation office twice weekly by phone, refrain from possessing firearms, and maintain his current employment.

George’s next court appearance is scheduled for June 21.

Since 2009, George has been arrested at least six times, excluding the current charges. He has pleaded guilty to crimes such as third-degree assault and the use of a dangerous weapon with intent to use. Other serious charges, including home invasion and robbery, were dismissed, while a 2009 first-degree murder charge resulted in acquittal.

Continue Reading


St. Thomas Vacation Becomes Ordeal as Couple Kidnapped, Woman Raped



A vacation in St. Thomas turned into a harrowing ordeal for a couple from Texas when they were kidnapped and the woman was raped. Richard Albert, now facing multiple felony charges, reportedly forced the couple to comply with his demands over several hours last Wednesday.

Court documents reveal that the couple was on Lindbergh Bay beach around 8 to 9 p.m. when a man, dressed in black and wearing a ski mask, approached them. Albert, allegedly armed, demanded they engage in sexual activity, then stopped them and seized their mobile phone.

The suspect then forced the couple to leave the beach, remove his mask, and drove them to various locations, including a bank where he compelled them to withdraw cash. They were also forced to purchase marijuana and alcohol at a service station.

Albert allegedly brandished his weapon to ensure compliance while insisting he wasn’t forcing them. He then took the couple back to the beach, where he drank and smoked with them. Eventually, he demanded sex from the woman, leaving her boyfriend on the beach without a working phone. Albert took the woman to a secluded area, threatened her with his gun, and raped her before returning her to the beach and demanding she respond to his texts.

The couple provided a detailed description of Albert and his vehicle, leading to his identification. Police apprehended Albert at the Crown Bay Marina parking lot. He admitted to meeting the couple and discussing sexual activity but denied coercing them.

Albert was arrested and charged with first-degree rape, unlawful sexual contact, false imprisonment, kidnapping, extortion, robbery, and possession of a firearm during a crime of violence. Magistrate Simone VanHolten-Turnbull granted Albert pre-trial release, with his mother acting as his custodian. His next court appearance is set for June 28.

Continue Reading