USVI Track and Field Athletes Win 10 Medals at Association of Youth Athletics Event in Puerto Rico
U.S. Virgin Islands track and field athletes continue to dominate their sport outside the territory, with the St. Croix Track Club Mustangs bringing home 10 medals — four gold, three silver and three bronze — after participating in the Association of Youth/Junior Athletics (AAJI) in Gurabo, Puerto Rico on February 11.
St. Croix athletes competing were Jordan Vaughn, Akyra Joseph, Johann Clendenin, Kahlan Beaupierre, Xaden Simmons, Wilfredo Concepcion, Tiera Polano, Davina Browne, and Sarah Raglin.
Top finishers are:
- Jordan Vaughn competed in the 19 + age group. He won two golds in two events. In the Shot Put he had a put of 11.59m. In the Javelin he had a throw of 35.21m.
- John Clendenin won gold in the Hammer throw in 23.39m and tied for second in the Shot Put with a put of 7.60m in the 19 + age group.
- Mustang Akyra Joseph won gold in the Javelin in 23.24m and bronze in the 150m dash in time of 20.06sec. in the 16/17 age group.
- Davina Browne won a silver in the Javelin in the 16/17 age group with a throw of 22.03m
- Wilfredo Concepcion won a silver in Shot Put and Javelin in 8.73m and 30.42m respectively in the 16/17 age group.
- Kahlan Beaupierre won bronze in the Shot Put in 7.16m in the 16/17 age group.
This post was originally published on this site