Today is the Last Day to Join Over 10,000 Virgin Islanders, Skip Long Lines and Vote Early
The Elections System of the Virgin Islands announced Sunday that over ten thousand Virgin Islanders had voted early ahead of the last day to cast ballots before election today.
Early voting ends today, Oct. 31, and the next opportunity to vote will be on election day, scheduled for Nov. 8 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Voting hours have been extended to accommodate voters, the Elections System said. On St. Croix and St. Thomas, hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Voting hours on St. John are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Early Voting locations are:
- District of St. Croix Elections Office-Sunny Isle Shopping Center Unit 26
- District of St Croix- St. Joseph Church Hospitality Lounge
- District of St. Thomas-St. John- St. Thomas- Lockhart Gardens (Upstairs Banco Popular)
- District of St. Thomas-St. John- St. Thomas-Tutu Park Mall (former Scotia Bank location)
- District of St. Thomas-St. John – Market Place Suite II
The number of electors who participated in early voting as of Sunday, October 30, 2022, is as follows: St. Thomas-4,801, St. John-294 and St. Croix-4,977, a total of 10,072 voter’s territory-wide. Elections Supervisor Caroline Fawkes said the voting process has been fair, accessible, secure, and transparent.
“Voting is the foundation stone of political action,” she said, quoting Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
This post was originally published on this site