St. Croix Takes Lead in Early Voting as Total So Far Passes 6,000 Ahead of Oct. 31 Deadline
Early voting in the territory will continue through Oct. 31, and so far more than 6,000 Virgin Islanders have cast their ballots for the candidates of their choice, according to the Elections System of the Virgin Islands.
The number of electors who have participated in early voting as of Sunday, October 23 include 2,990 on St. Thomas, 3,002 on St. Croix, followed by 189 votes on St. John for a total of 6,181, according to the Elections System.
“The number of days remaining for the 2022 General Election is dwindling and Elections Supervisor Fawkes continues to encourage voters to cast their ballot in a timely manner,” stated the Elections System of the V.I. in a release Sunday.
“If we don’t vote, we are ignoring history and giving away the future,” stated Ms. Fawkes, quoting Pat Mitchell.
Voting hours on St. Croix and St. Thomas are from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Voting hours on St. John are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The early voting Locations are:
- District of St. Croix Elections Office-Sunny Isle Shopping Center Unit 26
- District of St Croix- St. Joseph Church Hospitality Lounge
- District of St. Thomas-St. John- St. Thomas- Lockhart Gardens (Upstairs Banco Popular)
- District of St. Thomas-St. John- St. Thomas-Tutu Park Mall (former Scotia Bank location)
- District of St. Thomas-St. John – Market Place Suite II
This post was originally published on this site