The Government of the Virgin Islands will host a series of public meetings to discuss the proposed Integrity in Public Life Act from May 19 to 26.
Premier and Minister of Finance, Honourable Andrew A. Fahie said that this Bill seeks to establish an Integrity Commission which would assist in achieving the Government’s objectives to promote good governance, enhance ethical conduct of public officials and strengthen the prevention and detection of corrupt acts by persons in public life.
Premier Fahie said, “I encourage everyone to download their copy of the Bill and come prepared to share their views on this important piece of legislation. My Government intends to continue to work directly with the people to build these Virgin Islands one legislation at a time.”
The meetings will be hosted by Premier Fahie, Deputy Governor of the Virgin Islands, Mr. David D. Archer Jr. and are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, May 19 at 5:00 p.m. at Althea Scatliffe Primary School on Tortola
- Thursday, May 20 at 7:00 p.m. at the Leonora Delville Primary School in Cappoons Bay
- Sunday, May 23 at 1:00 p.m. at the Anegada Reef Hotel on Anegada
- Tuesday , May 25 at 11:00 a.m. at Foxy’s on Jost Van Dyke
- Tuesday , May 25 Public Eye interview on the Government of the Virgin Islands Facebook page @BVIGovernment
- Wednesday, May 26 at 5:30 p.m. at the Catholic Community Centre on Virgin Gorda
- Wednesday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m. at the Eileene L. Parsons Auditorium
The Virgin Gorda meeting will be broadcast live on the Government of the Virgin Islands’ Facebook page @BVI Government and CBN FLOW TV Channel 101, or persons can listen via CBN Radio 90.9 FM.
The Act can be downloaded from bvi.gov.vg or by clicking here.
All COVID-19 protocols will be in effect. Wearing of masks is mandatory.
This post was originally published on this site