Ocean Point Terminals announced this week that it donated over $500,000 in charitable giving in 2022.
According to the release, every year the company demonstrates its commitment to the community through partnerships and support of various nonprofit organizations and academic programs.
Ocean Point said 23 local nonprofit organizations were awarded funding under the its Charitable Contributions program last year, totaling more than $300,000. The company also gave over $100,000 in support of the University of the Virgin Islands’ Process Technology program and provided more than $70,000 in scholarships to local high school seniors and college students under the its scholarship program.
“Ocean Point is committed to being a valued member of the Virgin Islands community, and we relish the opportunity to provide support for organizations whose operations make a difference in the lives of so many,” stated Tarah Graham-Hodge, vice president of human resources, training and external affairs.
Under the Ocean Point program, donation requests must support the advancement of education, environmental stewardship and community sustainability. In addition, all donations must be approved by the Government of the Virgin Islands in accordance with the Operating Agreement between Limetree Bay Terminals d/b/a Ocean Point Terminals and the GVI.
Last year, Ocean Point supported the following organizations:
- American Cancer Society, Inc.
- Boy Scouts of America
- Calypso, Inc.
- Caribbean Centers for Boys and Girls
- Children’s Museum of St. Croix
- Christiansted Community Alliance – Crucian Cultural Group
- CMC For the Arts, Inc.
- Coral Reef Academy
- Cruzan Dance Company, Inc.
- Eddie Ortiz Annual Three Kings Tradition
- Lutheran Social Services Early Headstart
- Lutheran Social Services Queen Louise Home
- Lutheran Social Services Sister Emma Cottage
- My Brother’s Table
- Ileri, Inc. d/b/a Project Promise
- Ribbons For a Cure
- St. Croix Christmas Boat Parade
- St. Croix Landmark’s Society, Inc.
- St. Croix Rocketry Association, Inc.
- St. Croix Track Club
- Ten Sleepless Knights, Inc.
- V.I. National Guard Association, Inc.
- Women’s Coalition of St. Croix, Inc.
According to the release, the cycle for the 2023 charitable contributions program begins in January, and the deadline to submit charitable donation requests is September 30. For more information about Ocean Point’s donation program, please email: [email protected].
This post was originally published on this site